Thursday, February 23, 2017

Vacation? No Problem

Spring Break is approaching us, and fast (thank goodness).

At the beginning of the year, lots of people have resolutions to start working out, and eating healthier to get that "beach bod". But, my group of friends and I decided to do something different this year besides the beach for our last hoorah.


We decided to go to Colorado Springs, Colorado.

I'm very excited about all the sight-seeing I get to do, especially the mountains and waterfalls. But also getting to squeeze a work out in while there- such as hiking.

Here are a few different ways you can stay in shape while still going on vacation/traveling and having fun with it:

Sight-Seeing Run: The early bird gets the worm, and if you like waking up early- then a sight-seeing morning run is for you. You get to look at all the different places that are around your hotel, and when your done go shower, get ready and drink some coffee. Once everyone is awake, you'll already know the best places to go.

Yoga: Yoga is one of those things that is good for your body, mind and soul. It brings you at peace and gives you a moment to yourself. While traveling, you could look up different classes in the area or even just find a mountain or quiet space and do it yourself.

Stairs: I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Stairs are a good source of cardio and strength conditioning. Instead of taking the elevator, take the stairs. If you want to make it into a hardcore workout, then just run up and down them for a good 15-20 minutes.

Hike: This is the one I'm looking most forward to when I go to Colorado! It gets you outside into the fresh air, is a challenging all over body work out, and is fun! Make sure to wear appropriate clothing though, and comfortable shoes.

Bike/Walk vs. Motor: If you're in a small town such as Colorado Springs in the village area where everything is pretty close, find a bike rental and take a bike or just simply walk. Either one is good, and much better for you rather than driving around.

Beach/Water Sports: When I was in the Bahamas, my resort didn't have a gym. But they did have kayaking, snorkeling, paddle boarding, swimming, and running up and down the beach. All of these were really fun and I felt like I got a pretty decent work out in. Then afterwards, laid on the beach and enjoyed the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment