Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Small Changes Make Big Differences

Sometimes life gets caught up with us and we get a little too busy. For me personally, I always try to fit my work out in whether it be late in the evening or early mornings.

Although I know for some it isn't that easy. Between working full or part time, going to school, having a family- whatever the case- these simple changes have helped me tremendously. I hope you find them useful as well.



1. Drink water and LOTS of it! Have one glass before each meal- this will make you feel less hungry and save you from overeating.

2. Make simple swaps at meals. Instead of fries with your wrap, get a fruit cup. Or instead of honey mustard dressing get a vinaigrette. These simple choices will help you save lots of calories.

3. Portion control. This is key to anyone trying to lose weight. Restaurants and fast food places have increased their meals by so much it's insane. If you do go, try to get a kids meal or even split your meal in half (which is what I do). That will give you leftovers for the next day or so!

4. Move more. Instead of taking the elevator or escalator at work- take the stairs. If you have a desk job like me, take a lap around the office every 30 minutes or so. Even parking farther away is a good source of moving around more.

5. Don't go hungry too long. It's okay to be hungry for a little bit but don't make your self "starve". Starving all day will make you splurge at night. I eat 6 small meals a day to keep my metabolism going. Not everyone has to do this, it is just something I choose to do.

6. Snack on high-fiber and high-protein. These foods will keep you fuller longer, whereas empty calorie snacks such as chips and crackers will only keep you full for so long.

7. Eat a light, early dinner. I've heard eating past 7 p.m. isn't the best for you, but sometimes we can't really control that. But when you can, make sure you are eating an early dinner about 5 - 6:30 p.m. It should consist of protein, and lots of vegetables. Eating about 3 hours before bed will help you sleep better and digest the food easier.

8. Get more sleep! Lack of sleep can cause you to eat more throughout the day and have less energy. Aiming for 7-9 hours of sleep is a good goal. I've been getting about 8 hours of sleep a night and it has helped me tremendously. I focus better in school, at work and still have energy to go workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment