Thursday, February 16, 2017

Hard Work Pays Off

As I've said before, I've been on and off this fitness journey for a couple years now. 2017 has so far been the year I've stuck with it for so long (sad, but true).

Looking back only 2 years ago I wasn't exactly the happiest person, but I pretended to be.

I wasn't confident in my body, who I was, and I didn't know where I was going in life. I just didn't feel like the person I used to be.

I lost myself.


Last year, I got out of a 3 year relationship and I thought it was the end of the world.

Little did I know, I think it was probably one of the best things to happen to me in a long time. Yes, I loved him and missed him and I probably always will, but it wasn't the right time for me to take care of someone else. I needed to take care of myself- and get serious about it this time.

Mentally, spiritually, and physically.

I've told you before, but last year I lost 20 pounds and felt so much better about myself. I gained some (not all) confidence back, and felt like my life was heading in the right direction.

I turned 21, I traveled to a few places, got to spend more time with my girlfriends, got closer to God, and focused on my future by getting an internship to start. I was still not completely happy as I was still going through the break-up, but it was getting better.

Here I am, almost a year later and I've lost almost 10 more pounds, just interviewed for the Disney College Program, about to be twenty-two in 10 days, and about to go on my last spring break trip in school ever here in a few weeks. I haven't felt this happy and confident in myself in a long time. And let me tell you,

It feels AMAZING!

If you feel like you just can't push through when times are tough, believe me you can. Make small goals, achieve them step by step, and you will feel like an entirely new person.

Trust me, if I can do it so can you.

No comments:

Post a Comment