With that being said, staying on track with a healthy lifestyle can be a little challenging. My energy has been consumed with school, work, sleep, repeat. So trying to keep my exercises in the routine and eating healthy is seeming to be more and more difficult.
I found an easy dinner recipe that I could make on the nights that I feel like my energy is so low. Believe it or not- this recipe takes 15 minutes tops!
Lemon Butter Garlic Shrimp and Asparagus
- Medium Shrimp
- Garlic Clove
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Salt & Pepper
- Lemon Juice
- Olive Oil
- Rice and Pasta (if preferred)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Line up your asparagus on pan and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add 1 minced garlic clove, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 pepper, Toss until evenly coated then line asparagus back in a single layer. Roast for 6-8 minutes depending on thickness.
3. Meanwhile, remove tails from shrimp.
4. Remove pan from oven, and push asparagus to the side (keeping them in single layer). Add shrimp and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add minced garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon paprika, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, 1/8-1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes and fresh parsley. Toss until evenly coated then line shrimp in single layer.
5. Top asparagus with 1 tablespoon of butter, and top shrimp with 2 tablespoons butter. Roast for 6 minutes until shrimp is cooked.
6. Remove pan from oven and drizzle with lemon juice. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste. Serve with pasta, rice, etc. (I use $1 Alfredo pasta from Wal-Mart pre-packaged. Takes 7 minutes to cook).