Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Next Level Jalapeño Popper Dip

Spaghetti Squash has become one of my new favorite meals to make. There is so much you can do with it to make it creative, and tasty.

One thing I make at least once a week are jalapeño poppers. I love spicy food, and this meal satisfies my cravings.

Yesterday I went on Pinterest to look up some spaghetti squash recipes (besides the breakfast one) and found the Jalapeño Popper Spaghetti Squash. Seriously- the best thing I've tasted in awhile.

And it was so easy to make!

Ingredients:
            • Spaghetti Squash
            • 1 jalapeño pepper, deseeded and chopped  
            • 1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
            • 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, plus 2 tablespoons extra for topping
            • Turkey Bacon or Italian Sausage (which is what I used to mix things up)
*There are a few other ingredients in the original recipe, but this is what I normally use for my jalapeño poppers- so I just went with it.

Directions:

  • Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
  • Cut the squash in half. Scoop out the seeds. Brush the squash with olive oil. Place cut side down on baking sheet. Roast for 30 - 40 minutes until you can easily puncture the skin of the squash with a fork.
  • While the squash is roasting make the jalapeno popper dip. In a medium bowl combine cream cheese, sour cream, ¼ cup cheddar cheese, ¼ Monterey Jack cheese, diced jalapeno, most of the green onion slices (reserve some for topping, and most of the crumbled bacon (reserve some for topping). Stir well.
  • When the spaghetti squash is done baking, use a fork to loosen the spaghetti squash.
  • Divide the Jalapeno Popper dip between the two halves of the spaghetti squash. Mix the dip into the "noodles" with a fork.
  • Sprinkle the top of each spaghetti squash half with remaining cheese, green onion slices, and bacon pieces.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment