Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Lessons Learned

Another semester has come and gone, yet again. Except this time I graduate in a week in a half. In just these four short months I've learned a lot about myself physically and mentally.

My goal when I started my blog for my class was to lose 20 more pounds, and stay committed to working out and eating healthy. Of course that wasn't always the case. I ended up losing only about 10 pounds instead, and not eating as healthy as I should've. But you know what? I'm happier than I have been in a long time.

Working out alone has helped me tremendously this semester. Whether it was 5 times a week, 3 times a week, or even these past couple weeks only twice a week- I still feel happy that I've come this far in not only my weight loss journey; but in my college career as well. It has been a crazy ride and I've learned many things about myself and life in general.

For the health side of things I learned that it's okay to mess up. No one is perfect, and sometimes life will get in the way and you are going to work out less or probably even eat a bunch of crap for a few days. But it will all be okay! Just hop right back on the saddle and get back on track. Don't let it discourage you, don't beat yourself up- you still have to live your life and do things that make you happy.

For the life side, I have found myself now more than ever- especially in the last year.

Last night I went alum in my sorority and I never thought how much that would have an effect on me. That sorority and those women are part of the reason who I am today. Yes, it has had it's ups and downs but that's just life anyway. I'm glad I stuck it out when sometimes I really didn't want to, because I wouldn't have had the opportunities, memories or friends that I do now. It was all worth it in the end. When I feel like life just won't stop dragging me down I look to those women for support and guidance and they never fail to help me. I really don't know what I'm going to do without them when I go to Disney World this Fall, but that just makes it that much more exciting for when I come back.

You're probably thinking that this blog is all over the place, and isn't really focused on a recipe, or work out- but that's kind of the point. I want to leave this blog with something like this: take chances, grab opportunities, live life to the fullest, always say yes to adventure. College is about finding yourself and making memories because we only get to do this crazy ride for 4 years- and you don't even realize how fast it flies by until you see that graduation is only a short 10 days away. 

Thank you Dr. Clark for having this class as an opportunity to not only learn, but it truly did help me find my self worth and took part in realizing the important things in life. Thank you to my sorority/sorority sisters/friends for helping me grow as a woman. Thank you to fitness (as weird as that sounds) for appreciating my health and how fortunate I am to have it. Lastly, thank you UCO for everything you've given me. I know that Central is my home, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

As Winnie the Pooh would say, 
"How lucky am I to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard?"

No comments:

Post a Comment