Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Sunny and 70 in January?

As most Okies know, the weather in Oklahoma is unpredictable. The past few days have been sunny and 70 degrees... IN JANUARY.  Which I'm not complaining.

When you have a dog this is important to take advantage of, because it is the perfect time to get outside to spend time with them. Not only that but you can get active by doing something other than seeing the inside of the gym.

On Sunday, I went to Mitch Park for the first time and walked around the trail they had with my dog, Zeus. He absolutely loved it because for one it was somewhere he has never been before; and two, because he was spending time with me. Like I've said before, I am very busy throughout the week with school, work, my internship, working out, homework, and trying to have a social life.  So when I get to take Zeus out and about he loves it.

Yesterday we went to the dog park. I think he loves doing this more than he does going on walks, because it gives him time to interact with other dogs since I live by myself. The dog park can be an interesting place, and although it isn't a very "good" work out specifically- it gets you outside in the fresh air. Which is great for your overall health. Better yet, it gets the energy out of your pup and they get the exercise that they need (pictured to the right).

Take advantage of the weather when it's nice out, because not everyday is going to be sunny and 70 towards the end of winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment