Tuesday, January 17, 2017

The Journey

fit·ness: noun: the condition of being physically fit and healthy.

Fitness means many different things to people. Some may think it is about being physically "skinny" or "fit" such as the definition. To me, fitness means being happy with yourself internally and externally; being confident in who you are.

This blog is going to be about my journey through my news years resolution in becoming a happier and healthier me. I have struggled with my weight all my life; especially starting at age 12 when my parents got a divorce. I was overeating and wasn't thinking about what I was putting in my mouth. Food was my therapy and made me feel good- especially for a teenage girl who was going through puberty, just got braces and was going into middle school. By the time I was 14 I weighed 145 pounds and was the heaviest I had ever been.

The summer before ninth grade I decided to do something about my weight and simply went on a run. I went running every night that summer and lost 20 pounds- I became obsessed. I would even run in front of the T.V. when I was bored. At this point I felt good about myself and was finally overcoming my depression of my parents divorce. At this point in my life I weighed 125 pounds.

Now all through high school, this was my ideal weight and I had never felt happier. I started gaining weight again when I came to college and got in a serious relationship- which led to the "happy" eating instead of "depressed". My boyfriend at the time and I would go out to eat ALL THE TIME.  And being a freshman in college away from my parents, I was drinking a lot more and not working out. Before I knew it I gained 50 pounds in my 3 years of being away at school. I honestly started to hate myself as this was now the heaviest I had been.

Last year, I lost 20 pounds and that is now up to date with today. This blog is going to be my thoughts on fitness, new workouts and new recipes that I try as I am on this journey to becoming a better me, for me. I hope you enjoy, and decide to join me on this long road ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment