Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Taco Tuesday!

Eating healthy in a world full of delicious (and mostly fattening) foods can be tough. I've come to find out that working out is the easy part. Eating the nutritious and healthy foods is the hardest.

Although, I try not to completely deprive myself because that can end up leading to binging and making all your hard work a waste of time.

So today I have a recipe that will get you your Taco Tuesday craving out of the way (courtesy of Pinterest)- and in a healthier way! For me, Tuesdays and Thursdays are my busiest days as I am at school all day, work and try to fit my work out in. If you have a busy schedule like me, a crock pot is what you need- especially for this recipe.

Crock pot Chicken Tacos 

Ingredients:
  • 3-4 chicken breasts cubed (I just use one or two since it's just me)
  • 1 white onion chopped
  • 1 canned corn (drained) 
  • 1 can black beans (drained)
  • 1 can tomatoes and green chilies (drained)
  • 1 packet taco seasoning
Directions: 
  • Heat crock pot to HIGH setting for 4 hours, or LOW setting for 8 hours
  • Add chicken, onion, corn, beans, tomatoes, chilies, and taco seasoning to cooker. Stir everything well, and then cover to cook. Stir a little over next few hours.
  • Once fully cooked, serve over lettuce (for healthier choice) or crush up taco shells for taco salad.
  • Add favorite toppings such as fat free sour cream and cheese, with a little salsa on side.

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment